Monday, February 18, 2008

What done can't be recovered

I have a huge, huge row with my hubby last night. Not that I'm going through every details here, but he reminds me that I need to be thankful. Thankful for him being at home on 10 o'clock every night when most of his friends, married or single, slave away in a karaoke with sleezy GRO and tons of alcohols.

That made me think. I am grateful that he's home every single night. And god knows how much I trust him. He is different from any KL boys that I ever knew. That is the reason why I choose him from other boys. But what different I am from other girls? I rarely cooks, I rarely clean the house. The only thing I do regularly is ironing his shirt. He did say that he need something to be gateful of, having me as a wife. Man I need to buck up!!

But the words, as true as it is, it kills me. It kills me to realize that I am the one who took him for granted. I never have to worry about having no money, his salary is enough to support both of us. Yet I'm working, and not a single cent contribution to our house. Every single thing is paid for. Even my telephone bill was paid for. Some of my credit cards bill is paid for. My money is simply for me. How selfish I am,(that is what my husband called me, which now I came to agree to it) to let go of my own responsibility. I know he didn't ask for money, he got more that what I earned. All he ever want is me being his wife.

Now, have I promised him to change? Numerous times. Have I swear to do as he says? I lost count. I am a selfish person.

ALRIGHT. What I'm going to do is to set up a small target. A very small target to achieve. I will try to make a breakfast everyday. Small breakfast such as a fried meehoon, or a sandwich (which he loves so much). Give me a week to fullfill this. From today onwards, everyday breakfast for me dear hubby!!!

You can do it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for dropping by... and though most of this goes over head, i believe there are a very few things you can't work out... a good nice talk, a holiday together... but breakfast isn't all that bad either... with coffee? :D