Sunday, July 8, 2007

The most expensive birthday dinner

Have you ever feel like treating your mum extra special on her birthday? I did. I was thinking, I'm 26, been working for a few years already, and I'm already married. What the heck, sure I can treat my family to somewhere extra nice.. So we decided to go to this place.. in Alamanda Putrajaya..

The place where all the Thai's are original, but the waiter's are not.

Pretty nice isn't it? So I made my mum to order all the dishes, and she still didn't know that the dinner is supposed to be her birthday dinner! We're pretty good in hiding secret aren't we? (that and plus my mum's birthdays is actually on 18th, and I'm not around KL by that time, so I decided to celebrate earlier).


Mum and my little sis


Then the drinks arrived, it was a pretty presentation though, but for me, the glass is a bit too small for the price.. ehheheheheh..



Young coconuts that's not so young anymore.. cheh.. tipulah.

Then off course, the tomyam arrived. The taste is a bit too strong and not spicy at all! Hey.. I thought tomyam supposed to be damn bloody spicy until you couldn't fee
l your tongue anymore... I'm so disappointed because I'm so very looking forward to eat spicy food tonight.. well... my husband is obviously happy since he hates spicy foods.. there.. at least one person is in love with the tomyam.


Kindly excuse my husband, hasn't been sleeping for the last 48 hrs

Then the foods arrived. We ordered green curry prawn, chicken with cashew nuts ( I thought this is Chinese cuisine), butter crabs, fried kangkung with belacan and fried garoupa wrapped in lotus leaves. The prawns in green curry is to die for!! So delicious, I don't ev
en bother to finished the rice, I just ate the prawns!! My mum loves the butter crab.


My dad just can't wait to put his hands on the dishes

Earlier, I already buy the cakes for mum. she was so surprised when the dessert comes with cake!!


The look on mum's face, priceless!!

But the dinner is costly. I have eaten at other places as well, the price is not as expensive as this one! The total dinner costs me RM4++.++. Well, what's that to compare with mum's smile. But I can tell you, my budget to Langkawi 2 weeks from now has been affected. :((

Anyway, if you plan to have dinner there, if its 8 of you, maybe you should prepare more money, instead of swiping card like me..

The most humiliating thing happens then. After dinner, my dad approach me and gave me RM100 for the dinner, then my sis as well. So the dinner actually cost me only RM300.00. Huih... memalukan jer...

Dad's birthday gonna be somewhere else though.. maybe in KFC? Ahahahhaha.. I'm sooo cheap.. No lah... may be in Secret Recipe or Sari Indah.. Lets simpan duit so that wouldn't have to asked for parents charity again ... hehehehe..

No comments: